Sona Masoori is called “Golden IVY”. It is light weight, aromatic, shorter and fatter than other Indian Rice.
Know This Product
- Sona Masuri (also, Sona Masoori, Samba Masuri, BPT 5204, HMT, or Jeela karra masuri) is a medium-grain rice grown largely in the South and North east India. It is grown in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Our organic Sona masuri rice is medium grain premium quality rice, light weight and aromatic. It contains less starch so easy to digest. After brown rice Sona masuri is best quality rice due to less starch and easily digestibility. It is used for sweet dishes and daily rice cooking. Soaking time is 20-30min and one and half cup water for one cup rice is required during cooking.
Ingredient: Sona Masuri Rice.
Quality & Certifications
- Organic Certification: One Cert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters|
|1.||Defined & tested through physical verification|
|1.1||Appearance of the product||Whitish long grain||Normal known and accepted appearance|
|1.2||Size determined through Sieve Analysis+1.5 mm–2.0 mm||>95%||More than 98% grains are within +1.5 mm–2.0 mm size|
|1.3||Organic extraneous matter as determined in percentage||0.1-1.0%||Content of other plant materials other than the product|
|1.4||Inorganic extraneous matter as maximum in percentage||NIL- 0.1%||Content of impurities for soil and environment|
|1.5||Shrunken and immature grains in percentage||1.5-2.0%||Some product not fully grown grains|
|1.6||Other crop seed in percentage||NIL- 0.1%||Other edible food crop seeds from the same farm|
|1.7||Insect damaged & infested product in percentage||1.0-1.5%||Kernels that are partially or wholly bored by insects|
|1.8||Physical damaged & discolored in percentage||1.5- 2.0%||Insect damaged and broken kernals (vulnerable to mould development and insect invasion)|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0-12.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|Nutrition Facts per 100 gram(s)*|
|Calories:- 346 kcal||Calories from Fat: 9.0 kcal|
|Total Fat||1.00 gram(s)|
|Total Carbohydrates||76.70 gram(s)|
|Dietary Fiber||0.60 gram(s)|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.