Chick Pea Deshi Small is low in fat and most of this is polyunsaturated with high fiber content.
Know This Product
- Chick Pea deshi small is an edible legume of the family Fabaceae. Deshi Chickpeas are high in proteins. They are small, darker seeds and with rough coat cultivated mostly in the Indian subcontinent.
- Organic Deshi Chana is an important source of nourishment for the consumers and is cooked very frequently in every home. The present day agriculture produce is full of Chemicals & Pesticides, adversely affecting the health of the consumers. Morarka along with the two varieties has also revived the third variety which is very small in size, grown in Maharashtra. Morarka Organic has introduced 100 % CERTIFIED Organic Deshi Chana cultivated in traditional Chana growing areas of Rajasthan & Maharashtra. It is not only free from chemicals and pesticides, but is also very tasty and good for health.
- They have markedly high fiber content and hence a very low Glycemic Index which may make them suitable for people with blood sugar.
- Deshi chana are soaked in cold water overnight or in warm water (60-70º C) for 4-5 hours prior to cooking. They absorb enough water and can be cooked easily in about 30-40 minutes. They are low in phytic acid, pectin, calcium and magnesium content so they can be cooked readily.
Ingredient: Chick Pea Desi.
Quality & Certifications
- Organic Certification: OneCert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values|
|1.||Defined & tested through physical verification|
|1.1||Color of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Size determined through Sieve Analysis : +5.0mm||95%||95% grains are of +5.0mm size|
|1.3||Foreign matter as determined in percentage||0.1%||Presence of organic or inorganic matter other than food like husk, weed, sand, chaff|
|1.4||100 seed weight as minimum in percentage||10.0%||Indicates well matured seeds|
|1.5||Insect damaged & infested product in percentage||0.5%||Kernels that are partially or wholly bored by insects|
|1.6||Physical damaged & discolored in percentage||1.0%||Visibly affected by insects, diseases|
|1.7||Shrunken and immature grains in percentage||2.0%||Some product either damaged or have different color|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|2.2||Uric acid (mg/kg) as maximum||100 mg/kg||Indicates insect activity in flour|
|2.3||Aflatoxin (µg/kg) as maximum||30 µg/kg||Fit for human consumption (presence of mycotoxin)|
|Nutrition Facts per 100 gram(s)*|
|Calories:- 360 kcal||Calories from Fat: 47.7 kcal|
|Total Fat||5.30 gram(s)|
|Total Carbohydrates||60.90 gram(s)|
|Dietary Fiber||3.90 gram(s)|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.